Specialty Crop Farm Bill Alliance Holds Fly-In
May 10, 2018
Members of the Specialty Crop Farm Bill Alliance took their message to Congress on May 9, advocating for investment in specialty crops in the 2018 Farm Bill. The Alliance is working closely with House and Senate supporters to enhance important provisions in the bill. These include:
- Ensuring that the Specialty Crop Research Initiative (SCRI) is increased to $105 million in research funding annually
- Enhancing the APHIS Pest & Disease Programs to ensure they keep pace with curret and future threats.
- Keeping the Technical Assistance for Specialty Crops (TASC) program operating at its full authorized level beyond September 30th.
- Healthy eating options for low-income families
- Block grants that improve agricultural production for growers
- Supporting the Market Access Program (MAP) coalition's efforts to enhance funding for that vital export program.